Saturday, March 29, 2008

Rocking the Yard, Day 1

Here is what our backyard looked like prior to 9 a.m. this morning (our yard is at the bottom - I realized I never took a pic of the yard because there wasn't much to show; but this will give you the general idea - a giant doggie sandbox)



I am still not used to the lack of grass around here. That being said, we tackled a big project today - starting to rock the yard. I felt bad because I had a meeting in Santa Fe so I wasn't able to help until almost 4 p.m. Brian and his friend did a fabulous job, and I was so surprised at how much they got done. We had 7 tons of rock delivered in front of our house at 9 a.m., and here's how the yard looked at 5:30.

We installed a decorative stone border across the back wall and in two half-circles at the corners. This will eventually be home to some trees, flowering plants and bushes (and maybe even a small vegetable garden).